Posts tagged vegetarian
Posts tagged vegetarian
10 days out from my first show- low carbing and double cardio
11 days out for my 2nd show-Still allowed to have fruit and my pw carb..no double cardio.
Yea..I should clean my mirror ;/ lol
I was about 115-117 in the first pic and 119-120 in the 2nd.
I did less cardio, gave myself more prep time, more compound exercises during weight training sessions, and ate waay more carbs.
Guilty of semi dirty bulking. >.< Doing it “clean” as a vegetarian is extremely difficult lol
Slept over at a friend’s house. I watched them eat pizza, hershey pie and toaster strudel. =[
Their apartment complex has a gym so I fought the urge to skip my 2nd round of 45min cardio.
The dehydration is starting to kick in.
Today- legs and cardio.
Last night pics.
Curry Tempeh Stuffed PeppersIngredients
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder, separated
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 block of tempeh, crumbled
- 1/2 c vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- 2 bell peppers, any colorInstructions
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, celery and 1 tsp curry powder and let cook until vegetables soften.
- Crumble in tempeh and add 1 tsp curry powder, nutritional yeast and vegetable stock. Let simmer about 15 minutes. Add additional vegetable stock if it looks like it’s drying out.
- Flavor with salt, pepper and hot sauce as desired.
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove the seeds.
- Fill peppers with the stuffing and bake on 450 for about 10-12 minutes until the pepper begins to brown.
- Top with roasted red pepper tahini sauce
Today is low carb and so was yesterday….it’s different. I gotta eat more, I have less of a variety, and I don’t feel as full. I felt an energy slump during my workout too. Well, it wasn’t as horrible as I thought.
I guess vegetarians can do it.
Edit: I had to eat more to reach my calories because as a vegetarian..most of my calories come from carbs. I do “Low carb” days not “No carb”.
Sometime next year or maybe a little sooner…I’m going Pescetarian again for awhile.
I love being vegetarian and it’s been an amazing run..but it’s time for a change.
I went hard on my legs and was extra drenched in sweat during my short cardio session.
The weight I can handle has increased.
The Hungarian split squat and stiff legged dead lift super sets worked me.
Oh and I have finally broken my protein record.ke.
Workout- Back, shoulders and some cardio (no more than 25 mins). I get to try some super sets today! I’m excited and nervous, but my upper body NEEDS the power increase.
I’ve been doing well with upping my calories..it’s harder than I thought lol thanfully my genetics allow me to have decent muscle tone while being vegetarian, doing cardio and getting under 1,900 cals. In 2 weeks I will be doing 4 sets at reps that barely allow me to complete more than 8 reps.
Work one of my papers: The culural significance of the Parthenon.
Find sources for my Final Paper: The influences of fitness and body shape of ancient and modern culture.
My bday is next week and as one of my gifts, I would like to do some Barbell Squats, barbell Deadlifts, and try some pendaly rows with a few friends.
I’m pretty happy with the gifts I got so far though. =]